Features and Benefits:
- The Cushionair cushion is a dynamic pressure-relieving cushion which is normally recommended for users who have developed pressure damage.
- The principle is that the cells of the cushion inflate and deflate alternately. This provides pressure relief via cyclic changes in loading and unloading.
- There is a dial on the cushion pump which allows the cushion to be adjusted: soft through to firm.
- This setting is adjusted primarily in terms of comfort and is not purely based on the user’s weight. The overlay can be fitted under the cushion, so the user is sitting directly onto the cells.
- The cushion however, does tend to fit better if the overlay is fitted over the top, as standard; this slightly decreases the effect of the dynamic therapy, but provides superior comfort and stability.
- Includes cushion and pump